• Create Account

Welcome to jpeg2RAW

Sign In  Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to jpeg2RAW - We would love to have you join our community!

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of jpeg2RAW by signing in or creating an account. You can sign in using Facebook, Google+ or Twitter. If you don't like those options, just create an account here. Once you have registered, you will be able to:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Keen to hear feedback on some of my favorite photos

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cookie

Cookie

Snap Shooter

• Member +
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Victoria, Australia
  • Favorite Photography Subject:Landscape, Macro, Kids, Sports, Real Estate
  • Are you a spammer?:Not a spammer. Very amature photographer, but love taking photos with my wife. I do most of my editing in post, whereas my wife does pretty much all of hers in camera. I love taking HDR, as I can do a lot more with my photos in post. I prefer Photomatix Pro 4.2.4, Photoshop CS6 and Bridge CC 2017. We both have Canon 50D cameras. Between us we have the Canon 18-55 3:5-5.6 IS, Canon 50mm 1:4 USM, Canon 70-200 1:4 L USM, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG, Canon 16-35 1:4 IS USM lenses.

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:14 AM

Tried to photograph the fireworks, trialing different apertures and shutter speeds.

Jpeg2Raw critique (1).jpg

Action shot at local basketball club, jump balls only happen once a game now.

Jpeg2Raw critique (2).jpg

Some street art, this one caught my eye and loved how the shadow fell across the owls face (first attempt at HDR photography)

Jpeg2Raw critique (3).jpg

Visited some friends up north and had a great time on the donuts, wanted to photograph some action.

Jpeg2Raw critique (4).jpg

This street art is in a location not normally open to the public, wanted to bring out the colors with HDR.

Jpeg2Raw critique (5).jpg

Visited this bay to see the unusual red alga alga on the rocks, loved the look of the waves crashing over this rock.

Jpeg2Raw critique (6).jpg

I love wrens, this one was just teasing me for a while and finally came to rest about 5 metres away, snapped this one from the hip.

Jpeg2Raw critique (7).jpg

This wasp was actually not originally a macro shot, but the sharpness of the original photo ment that I could crop it in post to focus on it.

Jpeg2Raw critique (8).jpg

This was the view from a house we stayed at in Tasmania, loved the look of the valley in the golden hour.

Jpeg2Raw critique (9).jpg

After sunset the purples and blues were so unusual I tried a HDR to bring out the natural colors we could see.

Jpeg2Raw critique (10).jpg

This massive tree was towering over this little clearing, wanted HDR to show how imposing and beautiful it looked.

Jpeg2Raw critique (11).jpg

This waterfall is quite famous in these parts and this day had been raining fairly steadily so the flow was good but not too strong, stood in the river to capture this HDR as the shadow had put the waterfall in near darkness.

A famous boat shed and a famous shot, wanted to put my own HDR style to it and made the clouds look almost stormy.

Jpeg2Raw critique (13).jpg

This street art looked really well done and had vivid detail, wanted HDR to capture the true colors of this masterpiece.

Jpeg2Raw critique (14).jpg

This police station in Tel Aviv features on many postcards and I was keen to get my own photo of this iconic building and alley way.

Jpeg2Raw critique (15).jpg

I loved this massive river running through the town of Salsburg, tried HDR Panorama for first time.

Jpeg2Raw critique (16).jpg

Another HDR Panorama to show the breath taking view over Salsburg from this ancient Fort.

Jpeg2Raw critique (17).jpg

Was disappointed by the view from the top of the mountain, but the low cloud gave this forest floor an almost fairy tail appearance.

Jpeg2Raw critique (18).jpg

These ferns and fallen tree caught my eye and the colors were so gorgeous, this HDR needed a lot of work in post to bring out the detail.

Jpeg2Raw critique (19).jpg

This aboriginal street art was huge and was difficult to find the right spot to photograph it, I hoped this HDR would work in post and I was thrilled by the result.

Jpeg2Raw critique (20).jpg

This street art was so mesmerizing and the greens were so deep, I tried to capture the depth the artist painted onto this wall.

Jpeg2Raw critique (21).jpg

I love these flowers, it's not often you find one nestled in amonst the the green fronds.

Jpeg2Raw critique (22).jpg

This tree was very large and photographing it from so close was tricky, but the combination of HDR and aperture also brought out the lights in this dark alley way.

Jpeg2Raw critique (23).jpg

Hope you like my photos. Looking forward to hearing feedback good and bad. Hoping to improve my eye for photography so I don't need to work so hard in post.

#2 jpeg2RAW - Mike

jpeg2RAW - Mike

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,090 posts
  • Facebook Page:www.facebook.com/jpeg2raw
  • Favorite Photography Subject:Landscape, Sports, Other

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:25 PM

Lots of nice images.  Do you have a specific one you would like feedback on?  I can include one in our next Photo Review show if you like.

Bodies - Nikon D700, D2x & D100.
Nikon Lens - (70-200 f/2.8) - (85mm f/1.8) - (50mm f/1.8) - (50mm f/1.4) - (24-85 f/3.5) - (55mm f/2.8) - (35 f/1.8 DX)
Sigma Lens - (120-300mm f/2.8)
Tokina Lnes - (12-24 f/4 DX)
Tamron Lens - (90mm f/2.8 Macro)
Teleconverters - Simga 2x, Sigma 1.4x & Nikon 1.4x

Backup - Local backup & CrashPlan for Offsite
Main editing monitor - Dell 27" - U2713HM
Main editing computer - self built - Intel Core i7 3770k over clocked to 4.2GHz, watercooled. 3 SSD's & 3 HDD's

Subscribe to our YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube...._confirmation=1

#3 Cookie

Cookie

Snap Shooter

• Member +
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Victoria, Australia
  • Favorite Photography Subject:Landscape, Macro, Kids, Sports, Real Estate
  • Are you a spammer?:Not a spammer. Very amature photographer, but love taking photos with my wife. I do most of my editing in post, whereas my wife does pretty much all of hers in camera. I love taking HDR, as I can do a lot more with my photos in post. I prefer Photomatix Pro 4.2.4, Photoshop CS6 and Bridge CC 2017. We both have Canon 50D cameras. Between us we have the Canon 18-55 3:5-5.6 IS, Canon 50mm 1:4 USM, Canon 70-200 1:4 L USM, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG, Canon 16-35 1:4 IS USM lenses.

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:07 PM

Lots of nice images.  Do you have a specific one you would like feedback on?  I can include one in our next Photo Review show if you like.

Hi Mike,

I would love feedback on them all, but understand some people don't have the time to study each one and write feedback for them all.

I'd love for the waterfall photo to be included in the next photo review. It would have to be my all time favorite so far. I was trying to get a photo of the waterfall, but also showing diversity of the surrounding landscape. The river flows back into the trees and I found it hard to get an angle that lead the eye up and over the waterfall to the river beyond. The log in the foreground of the riverbed caught my eye when I was crossing the river to check out different angles, so I came back and set up my tripod in the river amongst the rocks. I tried to get a long enough exposure to highlight the flow of the water but couldn't get high enough to show the water flowing through the rocks.

Time of day:    11:14am - couldn't stick around for different light

Camera:    Canon EOS 50D

Lens:    Canon EF 16-35mm 1:4 L IS USM (@17mm)

ISO speed:    ISO-100

F-stop:    f/22

Exposure time:    1/2sec + 1/8sec + 2sec exposures

Focus type:     Manual

Editing:    Used Photomatix Pro 4.2.4 to bring three exposures together to create HDR

Then Photoshop CS6 and Color Efex Pro 4 to bring out detail and control color

and vibrance etc.

Do you have a favorite?

Loving this website and also the facebook pages, so much inspiration. Trying to decide what to photograph in Black and White and also simplicity for this months photo competition.

Cheers,

Jayde

#4 jpeg2RAW - Mike

jpeg2RAW - Mike

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,090 posts
  • Facebook Page:www.facebook.com/jpeg2raw
  • Favorite Photography Subject:Landscape, Sports, Other

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:38 PM

I will inlcude it in out next Photo Review Show.  Do you have a sightly larger version you could email me?  Say 1600px on the long side.  My email is podcast@jpeg2raw.com

The forums are pretty slow, but the more we post the more people may come here, at least that's my hope.  But if you want more responses, post the images in our Facebook group and ask for feedback.  I would recommend you do one image at a time so you don't overwhelm people if you know what I mean.

Glad to have you in the forums and in our Facebook group!

Bodies - Nikon D700, D2x & D100.
Nikon Lens - (70-200 f/2.8) - (85mm f/1.8) - (50mm f/1.8) - (50mm f/1.4) - (24-85 f/3.5) - (55mm f/2.8) - (35 f/1.8 DX)
Sigma Lens - (120-300mm f/2.8)
Tokina Lnes - (12-24 f/4 DX)
Tamron Lens - (90mm f/2.8 Macro)
Teleconverters - Simga 2x, Sigma 1.4x & Nikon 1.4x

Backup - Local backup & CrashPlan for Offsite
Main editing monitor - Dell 27" - U2713HM
Main editing computer - self built - Intel Core i7 3770k over clocked to 4.2GHz, watercooled. 3 SSD's & 3 HDD's

Subscribe to our YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube...._confirmation=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users